Backend Developer Scala/ Java (m/f/d)
We are Ryte
We are one of the fastest growing tech companies in Europe. Our vision is to be the foundation for digital success. So we strive to enable businesses around the world to monitor, analyze and optimize all their digital assets. We handle huge data, gathering valuable insights and providing all the information businesses need to make the right decisions.
Our team is international. Made up of highly diverse backgrounds, experience and personalities. Agile thinking is the key. There is no „we have always done it this way“ attitude. We reward creativity, drive simplification and seek innovation. As a engineering company we use only the best tools available. Data is the central source of knowledge for our decisions.
Ready to roll up your sleeves? We are looking for talented people, who share our passion for great software, and a delightful sense of humor. We are always humble and keep our feet on the ground - whether they’re in slippers, sneakers, high heels or socks. Come as you are and follow us on our journey. Let's do it Ryte.
Develop features in close consultation with the product owner and the team
Find the best solution (with the best framework, systems, languages) for the respective tasks
We use, for example, Spark, Akka, Akka HTTP, Scala, Docker, PrestoDB, Apache Flink, CloudFormation, Terraform, AWS Services
Carry out independent unit tests, integration tests & code reviews
You take ownership for your tasks and drive new projects
You coach and mentor others and share your knowledge
The entire company and all teams use Scrum, Slack & Jira
What we expect from you
Strong programming experience (at least 2 years) in Scala or Java 10/11 and/ or eager to learn Scala and work with it
ideally experience working in agile teams
You have a “You build it, you run it” attitude
You have at least heard of “grep,” “ssh,” and “git”
Basic knowledge in SQL/NoSQL databases would be a plus
Excellent communicative competence in English (German would be a plus)
Do you already know Docker, AWS Services, or type classes and reactive streams? Then please submit your application!
What we offer you
- Our modern, charming office in the heart of Munich is just a few minutes walk from the main station
- Attractive salary model which rewards ambition and success, and offers cool incentives
- Chapter Leads who support you with a servant leadership mindset
- High-quality feedback session that provide exciting career- and development opportunities
- Regular workshops, trainings and coaching
- We offer weekly creative time during working hours for personal development
- A working environment with a value-oriented office culture in an agile structure
- Other advantages such as corporate benefits, gym membership, team events, free drinks, get-together, regular company updates, adjustable desks, international exchange, no dress code, and lots more
The Ryte work place
- hack days
- no dresscode
- servant leadership mindset
- build up your personal brand
- international smart crowd
- height-adjustable desks
- corporate social responsibility
- free hardware choice
- cherishing company culture
- conferences, training & coaching
- disruptive thinking
- diversity = power
- qualitative feedback sessions
- agile structure
- succeed by trust & autonomy
For us diversity is power and
Send us your application regardless of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
ideology or disability. Please include a possible starting date and your salary expectations.
Do you have links that showcase your work, or that might be relevant to your position (GitHub, Bitbucket, Stack Overflow)? The Ryte HR-Team will be happy if you share them with us.
At the moment there is no suitable job for you? Register for our job subscription.